Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The September Issue: let’s face the real Anna Wintour


American Vogue: The September Issue

All we can read and hear in the last few months- I mean in the “fashion world”- is about the movie The September Issue. A documentary chronicling Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour's preparations for the 2008 fall-fashion issue of the magazine.

Before I start talking about it I want to share with you my experience when I first saw Anna Wintour. Don’t be too excited, I did not meet her I just went to watch her lecture at Oxford University in 2007. I heard she was going to Oxford to talk with students at the University and I got crazy to go. Luckily I had a friend from Brazil which could get an invite for me to come. Basically she spoke about all her experience in fashion since she started working at Biba an iconic and popular fashion boutique in London, when she was 15 years old.

By the end of the lecture she opened for questions….so at that time I really understood how tough she can be. One girl asked: “How many pairs of shoes do you have?” - she replied: “One…next question”. And a boy sad “Is it really true that you like to drink Starbuck’s coffee everyday as seen at The Devil Wears Prada movie?”; she replied: “Would you please start asking some more intelligent questions? Next please…”

WOW- at that time I could understand why she is the power woman in fashion. Someone with that strong and confident character to say whatever she wants should just be where she is today!

It was the most memorable, surreal and absolutely unforgettable experience ever…

Going back to the movie – very excited- it will show an inside look at the making of perhaps the most famous issue – and biggest – of any magazine, Vogue’s eponymous September issue.

Plenty of Anna, Grace, fashion, photographers, celebrities – no other film could satisfy an insatiable hunger for the industry like this film will.

Can’t wait! For the moment let’s enjoy the trailer and have a little taste of the film…

LoVe,

Ma

x


No comments:

Post a Comment